It can be difficult to manage body pain. As prolonged hours of work or intense workouts require more effort, it may sometimes be too much to take. As a result, you gradually gain discomfort on your back, arms, legs, and even your feet. That can get annoying – trust us, we’ve gone through that, too.
We’ve all tried to manage pain once in our lives. Cost-cutting measures through using hand-held massagers may not be enough. It may not be worth going to a spa to get a massage. Even painkiller medication can pose a risk. If you’re ready to give up, don’t! We have a solution for you that will solve your problems quickly and without you having to spend too much. Today we’ll be focusing on the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Mr. Product Review’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
Overview: What is the HealthmateForever YK15AB? C18Wbig Healthmateforever
The two-channel electric pulse massager , the YK15AB, is a dual channel. It emits pulses that are directed at the trigger points of the body. This helps improve blood circulation and relax tight muscles. The TENS unit has amazing electrotherapy features that can be used to relieve different types of pain. The YK15AB has a variety of therapeutic modes and methods. It is widely regarded for its simplicity of use, versatility, and effectiveness.
The YK15AB is just one product from a wide range of TENS units offered by HealthmateForever. Each product is unique because of its EMS integration.
HealthmateForever YK15AB: The Features
The YK15AB comes with 8 inserted pin electrode pad. Pads are necessary for any TENS unit, as they’re the only way to create contact between the skin and the device. The YK15AB emits stimulations through each pad and places them on the affected areas. What’s nice about having 8 pads, in particular, is that you have the option to use two on your arm, four on your lower back, or all at the same time, all over your body.
The pads of the YK15AB are all gel-based to be more comfortable for your skin compared to suction pads, as with HealthmateForever’s other models. Since the unit is wired, the pads will need to be integrated with the use of wires. Thankfully, the pack includes 4 sets of dual-lead wires, with one end connected to the controls and the other to the pad. C18Wbig Healthmateforever
Jam-packed Controller Unit
The YK15AB includes a portable, powerful control unit that will relieve all your tensions. It’s built-in with 6 different therapeutic methods based on a combination of traditional Asian and Western massages and alternative therapies:
- Kneading – to compress soft and deep tissues through kneading on certain parts of the body
- Acupuncture – stimulate nerves and muscles using the traditional Chinese method that uses pins
- Tapping – Tapping with your hands can improve blood circulation and muscles.
- Cupping – to alleviate pain and inflammation based on the method that makes use of cups, creating suctions
- Scraping (Gua Sha) – to alleviate muscle and joint pain inspired a Chinese therapy massage in which problem points are scraped.
- Random – makes use of a combination of all the aforementioned methods for optimized relaxation and relief
There are nine other modes that can be used to treat pain in various body parts. These parts are often subject to varying degrees of soreness and discomfort. They’re also important as they are required for a long list of activities, from the most essential ones like writing and walking to the most complex such as heavy-duty work and extreme sports.
- Mobility joints: elbows, shoulders, wrists and knees.
- The neck and back
- The hips
- The feet
Additional Uses and Adjustments
The YK15AB has specialized modes that are suited for certain body parts. However, it can also be used on other areas, such as the abdomen. This area can be prone to cramps and can also be used on the arms and legs. You can use it all over your body to relieve pain and soreness. With the YK15AB, you can adjust the pulses by the intensity with 20 adjustable levels, and it ranges from mild at the lowest and severe at the highest. You can also adjust the speed to increase or decrease the massage’s pace.
Portable and Battery-powered
The YK15AB is fully battery-powered – a set of 3 AAA batteries is required to operate the device. Included in the control unit is a timer that lasts up to 80 minutes, as well as a belt clip at the back which can be fastened to your clothes whenever you want to go places. Four insertable channel jacks are built into the unit. The YK15AB features a backlit LCD screen that displays information about the modes, intensity, speed, time duration and body chart.
There are other accessories that you will expect to receive if you purchase the YK15AB. The YK15AB TENS/EMS unit runs on batteries so you will receive a set of 3 AAA batteries for free. Included in the pack is a pad holder, where, as the name suggests, you can place the pads as neatly as possible. The application placement chart and a manual are also included. These are guides that will help you navigate the device. The YK15AB has many benefits for your body, and you can even gain great insight!
While it’s unfortunately not included upon buying the YK15AB, a control unit case may be something to invest in if you do care about preserving and using it long-term. HealthmateForever offers additional accessories for massages such as conductive socks/gloves and wrist/ankle wraps.
Prices and running costs
The YK15AB is priced at $29.99, which by the looks of it is arguably reasonable for what it offers. It is also competitive with similar-priced TENS unit massagers. For a product that delivers a solid performance and is positively received among many users, it sure does come with a few minor issues when it comes to running costs. The YK15’s battery-powered version is not rechargeable. AAA batteries will still be required. The duration, however, will depend on what type you prefer to use – it’s either rechargeable batteries or disposable ones.
Pads are also taken into consideration. If you plan on using the YK15AB long-term, those pads included in the pack are not made to last forever, so it’s equally important to factor in spending your money on extra replacements whenever necessary. The frequency at which you need to replace the batteries and pads will depend on how frequently you use this TENS device, as well as how well it is maintained.
HealthmateForever offers a limited warranty for some TENS/EMS products including the YK1AB for up to 3 months. It is important to remember that HealthmateForever’s ‘limited warranty’ does not cover all factors.
Only purchases made in the USA and Canada are eligible for warranty coverage. If you purchase it outside of these territories, your chances of getting it will be slim. You can purchase an accidental 2-year warranty to add $100 to your warranty. If you encounter manufacturing defects within your YK15AB model, you may ask the company to receive a replacement unit free of charge. C18Wbig Healthmateforever
Pros and Cons
- It is flexible and simple to use
- It targets your body’s problem points effectively and precisely
- You can carry and use it wherever you are, whether you’re working out or relaxing on your bed
- It comes with a wide range of intensity levels for every person
- Highly reviewed as a great alternative to painkillers or any medication – for a reasonable price
- There are no heat controls nor wireless connectivity in sight
- It is possible to pay more for pads and batteries.
- The organization may be a fuss to deal with, especially without the presence of the control unit case
- Electrode vibrations might be too much for those who are highly sensitive to them
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The review
It can be difficult to use the YK15AB after our first experience. It becomes much simpler with the help the provided guides and more time to explore it. It can also be very useful in times of need. It’s filled to the brim with electronically transmitted vibrations that are smooth and powerful enough to relieve the tension on some parts of the body. The YK15AB has been used on our backs and shoulders, which are areas that we feel aches from time to time during work. We noticed a significant difference in the effectiveness of the YK15AB compared to using painkiller creams.
We discovered that it not only delivered a faster turnaround but also made us feel great. This is something you don’t get with painkillers very often. And, once we checked the price comparison between that, a traditional massage, a session with a physical therapist, and the YK15AB, the results blew our minds! The YK15AB’s price is significantly lower than the rest, so we didn’t have to worry too much about getting relief. The Healthmate YK15AB offers a wide range of massage settings and customizable intensities and speeds. This is why it’s highly recommended.
You can also check out other HealthmateForever products
The YK15AB may be widely known as a best-seller, but did you know there are other TENS/EMS units from HealthmateForever to choose from? The wellness brand has been known for producing some of the top-selling TENS unit massagers on the market, and here are some of the alternatives worth checking out if you want more features than the YK15AB can offer.
- The wireless, rechargeable YK15RC version is the YK15AB. It comes with several nice upgrades such as the adjustable timer option, wireless compatibility and a 2-year warranty. But, in comparison, the RC model is at least $20 more expensive than the AB.
- The T12AB high-end device is in form and function . It has an LCD touchscreen, smartphone-like portability and a lock button to close it when you’re done. There are also more massage and pad options at 12. The price is understandably much higher, but if you want to invest in it instead, better be quick because stocks always run out!
- If you’re looking for a best-seller that has much more modes to choose from, a long battery span of 10 hours, and the convenience similar to an iPod, the Pro15AB is one to try out. It’s a great value for money, and it’s a good price. C18Wbig Healthmateforever
After taking a close look at everything we’ve learned so far, from the functions to the effects, we have never been happier trying out the HealthmateForever YK15AB. Everyone has been raving about the amazing massage machine. Although there may be extra spending for the batteries and extra pads, this stunning TENS/EMS unit has got all the features anyone can ask for at a surprisingly low price!
You won’t think of trying any other method for pain management with the adjustable options and a variety of massage modes available. So, if you’re on the lookout for a breakthrough solution for your back pains and other problem points, look no further than the YK15AB!
FAQ C18Wbig Healthmateforever
How long should you use an electrotherapy machine like the YK15AB?
Based on this study, 30 minutes is the recommended duration of using electrical stimulants like the YK15AB TENS/EMS unit. The intensity of the stimulation is what determines how long you can use it. Lower intensities are better for longer sessions while higher intensity ones require shorter sessions.
How do you use the YK15AB?
According to the instructions:
- Place the pads on where you wish to receive electrotherapy stimulations. You might place them on your lower back.
- Turn the switch on once the batteries have been charged and the pads have been connected, to start operation.
- On the control unit, press any of the top-half buttons indicating the body parts. To return to the previous state, press the “Back” button.
- There are 4 jacks – 2 for channel A and the other remaining for channel B. For example, if you connect via 1A, you can adjust the intensity for channel A on the left side, front-facing. The channel B intensity adjustment is located on the right.
- To indicate the type of massage, you can press any one of the buttons in the bottom-half. You can also adjust the speed by pressing two yellow buttons located between the massage modes buttons.
- After the massage session has ended, turn off the unit and wait until the electric signals are gone completely from the pads. Next, take them out from the problem area. C18Wbig Healthmateforever
What’s the difference between TENS and EMS?
EMS stands to “electronic muscles stimulator”. The electrical pulses contract the muscle, further reducing the pain. TENS technology on the other side triggers nerve fibers to stop them sending back pain signals to the brain.