Body pain can be a challenge. It can be difficult to endure long hours at work or intense training. You may feel discomfort in your back, arms and legs as well as your feet. This can be annoying, but trust us, it’s not uncommon.
Once in our lives, we’ve all tried to find ways to manage the pain, nearly most of the time to no avail. Cost-cutting measures through using hand-held massagers may not be enough. Going to a spa for an actual massage may not be enough either. Even painkiller medication can pose a risk. Don’t give up if you don’t want to. We have a solution for you that will solve your problems quickly and without you having to spend too much. Today we’ll be focusing on the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Mr. Product Review’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of the HealthmateForever YK15AB, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: What’s the HealthmateForeverYK15AB? H To Mh
The YK15AB is a dual-channel electric pulse massager that emits pulses directly towards the body’s trigger points, helping improve blood circulation and relax the tense muscles. This TENS unit offers stunning electrotherapy features that are useful in eliminating different kinds of body pain. Composed of a wide range of therapeutic methods and modes, the YK15AB is listed among the most popular electrotherapy machines and has been widely acclaimed for its ease of use, flexibility, and effectiveness.
The YK15AB is just one product from a wide range of TENS units offered by HealthmateForever. What makes each of them unique is its EMS integration. Not only does the YK15AB – and its related products – ease your pain in an instant, but it also makes you feel more optimistic upon use!
HealthmateForever YK15AB: The Features
Upon purchase of the YK15AB, you receive a total of 8 inserted pin electrode pads. Because they are the only way to make contact between the device and your skin, pads are essential for any TENS unit. Each pad is placed on different parts of the body, and the YK15AB emits stimulations through the pads and onto the problem areas. The best thing about 8 pads is the ability to place two on your arm and four on your lower back. Or, you can use them all on your entire body.
The pads of the YK15AB are all gel-based to be more comfortable for your skin compared to suction pads, as with HealthmateForever’s other models. Since the unit is wired, the pads will need to be integrated with the use of wires. Thankfully, the pack includes 4 sets of dual-lead wires, with one end connected to the controls and the other to the pad. H To Mh
Jam-packed Controller Unit
The YK15AB comes with a powerful yet portable control unit that does all the work to relieve your tensions. The YK15AB comes with six different therapeutic methods that combine traditional Asian and Western massages with alternative therapies.
- Kneading – to compress deep tissues by kneading certain parts of your body
- Acupuncture – to stimulate nerves and muscles based on the traditional Chinese method where pins are used
- Tapping – Tapping with your hands can improve blood circulation and muscles.
- Cupping – Cupping is a method to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Scraping (Gua sha) – to relieve muscle and joint pain inspired by a Chinese therapy massage where problem points are scraped over
- Random – makes use of a combination of all the aforementioned methods for optimized relaxation and relief
Apart from those, there are 9 various modes, custom-built for a wide range of body parts that may be prone to pain. These parts can often feel sore and uncomfortable. These parts are also essential because they are necessary for many activities, including writing and walking.
- Mobility joints: elbows, shoulders, wrists and knees.
- The neck and back
- The hips
- The feet
Additional Uses and Adjustments
The YK15AB has specialized modes that are suited for certain body parts. However, it can also be used on other areas, such as the abdomen. This area can be prone to cramps and can also be used on the arms and legs. It can also be used all over the body for all-around pain and soreness relief. With the YK15AB, you can adjust the pulses by the intensity with 20 adjustable levels, and it ranges from mild at the lowest and severe at the highest. There are also speed adjustment options for whenever you want to quicken up or slow down the massage.
Portable and Battery-powered
The YK15AB can be operated on a single set of AAA batteries. Included in the control unit is a timer that lasts up to 80 minutes, as well as a belt clip at the back which can be fastened to your clothes whenever you want to go places. The unit includes four insertable channel jacks. The YK15AB has a backlit LCD screen where information on the modes, speed, intensity, and time duration, as well as a body chart, are displayed.
You will receive other accessories if the YK15AB is purchased. The YK15AB TENS/EMS unit runs on batteries so you will receive a set of 3 AAA batteries for free. The pack also includes a pad holder. This allows you to place your pads as neatly and easily as possible. Also included are the application placement chart, and, as always, a user manual. These are guides that will help you navigate the device. The YK15AB has many benefits for your body, and you can even gain great insight!
While it’s unfortunately not included upon buying the YK15AB, a control unit case may be something to invest in if you do care about preserving and using it long-term. HealthmateForever offers additional accessories for massages such as conductive socks/gloves and wrist/ankle wraps.
Price and Running Costs
The YK15AB’s price is $29.99. This is reasonable considering what it offers. It is also competitive with similar-priced TENS unit massagers. It is a product that provides a solid performance, and is well received by many users. However, there are some minor issues with its running costs. As this is the battery-powered version of the YK15, don’t expect the AB version to be rechargeable. AAA batteries will still be required. However, the duration will vary depending on which type of AAA batteries you use.
Pads are also taken into consideration. The pads in the YK15AB pack will not last forever so make sure to invest in extra replacements if you need them. How often you replace both the pads and batteries will depend on how often you use this TENS unit as well as how well you care for and keep it.
HealthmateForever offers a limited warranty on some of their TENS/EMS products, including the YK1AB, for up to three months. However, it’s important to note that the ‘limited’ in ‘limited warranty’ implies that HealthmateForever will only cover everything except for these factors: neglect, accident, and misuse.
Only purchases made in the USA and Canada are eligible for warranty coverage. If you purchase it outside of these territories, your chances of getting it will be slim. You can purchase an accidental 2-year warranty to add $100 to your warranty. You can request a free replacement unit if you experience manufacturing defects with your YK15AB product. H To Mh
Pros and Cons
- It’s flexible and easy to use
- It targets your body’s problem points effectively and precisely
- You can carry and use it wherever you are, whether you’re working out or relaxing on your bed
- It comes with a wide range of intensity levels for every person
- It is highly recommended as an alternative to any painkiller or medication, and at a fair price.
- Wireless connectivity and heat controls are not available.
- It is possible to pay more for pads and batteries.
- The organization may be a fuss to deal with, especially without the presence of the control unit case
- For those with high levels of sensitivities to electromagnetic vibrations, it might be too much
HealthmateForever YK15AB: The Review
It can be difficult to use the YK15AB after our first experience. It becomes much simpler with the help the provided guides and more time to explore it. It is also very handy in times of emergency. It’s filled to the brim with electronically transmitted vibrations that are smooth and powerful enough to relieve the tension on some parts of the body. We’ve used the YK15AB on the back and shoulder area where we often feel aches now and then during our work days. And we’ve noticed how much difference it made compared to using a painkiller ointment.
We discovered that it not only delivered a faster turnaround but also made us feel great. This is something you don’t get with painkillers very often. We were blown away when we compared the prices for a traditional massage and a session with a physical therapist to the YK15AB. The YK15AB’s price is significantly lower than the rest, so we didn’t have to worry too much about getting relief. Plus, with tons of massage modes and customizable intensity and speed configurations to choose from, there’s no denying why the Healthmate YK15AB is highly recommended for the following factors: accessibility, flexibility, and great value for your money.
You can also check out other HealthmateForever products
While the YK15AB is a well-known bestseller, did you know that there are many other TENS/EMS units available from HealthmateForever? These are just a few of the many top-selling TENS units on the market. Here are some alternatives to the YK15AB.
- The wireless, rechargeable YK15RC version is the YK15AB. It comes with several nice upgrades such as the adjustable timer option, wireless compatibility and a 2-year warranty. But, in comparison, the RC model is at least $20 more expensive than the AB.
- The T12AB high-end device is in form and function . It has an LCD touchscreen, smartphone-like portability and a lock button to close it when you’re done. There are also more massage and pad options at 12. It is more expensive than you might think, but stocks are always limited so it’s best to act quickly if you plan on investing in it.
- If you’re looking for a best-seller that has much more modes to choose from, a long battery span of 10 hours, and the convenience similar to an iPod, the Pro15AB is one to try out. What’s nice about it is the price – it’s midway between that of the YK15AB and T12AB, but you get so much value using it! H To Mh
We have never been happier with the HealthmateForever YK15AB since we took a closer look at all we’ve learned, from the functions and the effects. Everyone has been raving about the amazing massage machine. This amazing TENS/EMS unit is not only affordable, but it also has all the features you could want at an affordable price.
Plus, with adjustable options and plenty of massage modes to explore, you wouldn’t even think about trying anything else when it comes to pain management. So, if you’re on the lookout for a breakthrough solution for your back pains and other problem points, look no further than the YK15AB!
FAQs H To Mh
How long should you use an electrotherapy machine like the YK15AB?
This study shows that 30 min is the recommended time to use electrical stimulants such as the YK15AB/EMS unit. However, how long it can be used depends on the intensity level – lower intensities equal longer electrotherapy sessions, while higher ones require much shorter durations.
How do you use the YK15AB?
According to the instructions:
- Place the pads on where you wish to receive electrotherapy stimulations. Say, you want to place them on the lower back.
- Turn the switch on once the batteries have been charged and the pads have been connected, to start operation.
- On the control unit, press any of the top-half buttons indicating the body parts. To return to the previous state, press the “Back” button.
- There are four jacks, two for channel A and one for channel B. If you’re connected thru 1A, for example, you may adjust the intensity of channel A on the left side of the unit, front-facing. Channel B intensity adjustment is on the right.
- To indicate the type of massage, you can press any one of the buttons in the bottom-half. You may also adjust the speed level as indicated by two yellow buttons in between the massage modes buttons.
- Once the massage session is done, turn the unit off and wait until you no longer completely feel electric signals on the pads. Then take them out of the problem area. H To Mh
What’s the difference between TENS and EMS?
EMS stands for “electronic muscle stimulator” – the electrical pulses contract the muscles, further alleviating the pain as a result. TENS technology on the other side triggers nerve fibers to stop them sending back pain signals to the brain.