Body pain can be a challenge. As prolonged hours of work or intense workouts require more effort, it may sometimes be too much to take. You may feel discomfort in your back, arms and legs as well as your feet. That can get annoying – trust us, we’ve gone through that, too.
Once in our lives, we’ve all tried to find ways to manage the pain, nearly most of the time to no avail. Cost-cutting measures through using hand-held massagers may not be enough. It may not be worth going to a spa to get a massage. Even using painkiller medications can be a risk to deal with. Don’t give up if you don’t want to. We have a solution for you that will solve your problems quickly and without you having to spend too much. Today we’ll be focusing on the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Mr. Product Review’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of the HealthmateForever YK15AB, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: What is the HealthmateForever YK15AB? Healthmateforever Alongside Us
The YK15AB is a dual-channel electric pulse massager that emits pulses directly towards the body’s trigger points, helping improve blood circulation and relax the tense muscles. The TENS unit has amazing electrotherapy features that can be used to relieve different types of pain. Composed of a wide range of therapeutic methods and modes, the YK15AB is listed among the most popular electrotherapy machines and has been widely acclaimed for its ease of use, flexibility, and effectiveness.
The YK15AB is just one product from a wide range of TENS units offered by HealthmateForever. Each product is unique because of its EMS integration.
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The Features
Upon purchase of the YK15AB, you receive a total of 8 inserted pin electrode pads. Pads are necessary for any TENS unit, as they’re the only way to create contact between the skin and the device. The YK15AB emits stimulations through each pad and places them on the affected areas. What’s nice about having 8 pads, in particular, is that you have the option to use two on your arm, four on your lower back, or all at the same time, all over your body.
All pads on the YK15AB have a gel-based base to make them more comfortable than suction pads. The pads must be connected to the unit with wires. The pack contains 4 sets of dual-lead cables, one connecting to the controls and one to the pad. Healthmateforever Alongside Us
Jam-packed Controller Unit
The YK15AB includes a portable, powerful control unit that will relieve all your tensions. The YK15AB comes with six different therapeutic methods that combine traditional Asian and Western massages with alternative therapies.
- Kneading – to compress soft and deep tissues through kneading on certain parts of the body
- Acupuncture – stimulate nerves and muscles using the traditional Chinese method that uses pins
- Tapping – to improve muscles and blood circulation by tapping with the use of hands
- Cupping – Cupping is a method to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Scraping (Gua Sha) – to alleviate muscle and joint pain inspired a Chinese therapy massage in which problem points are scraped.
- Random – makes use of a combination of all the aforementioned methods for optimized relaxation and relief
Apart from those, there are 9 various modes, custom-built for a wide range of body parts that may be prone to pain. These parts are often subject to varying degrees of soreness and discomfort. They’re also important as they are required for a long list of activities, from the most essential ones like writing and walking to the most complex such as heavy-duty work and extreme sports.
- Mobility joints: elbows, shoulders, wrists and knees.
- The neck and the back
- The hips
- The feet
Additional Uses and Adjustments
While it has specialized modes for specific body parts, the YK15AB can be used on other parts that may need extra pain relief, such as the abdomen, which can often be prone to menstrual cramps among women, and the arms and legs. It can also be used all over the body for all-around pain and soreness relief. The YK15AB allows you to adjust the pulses according to intensity. There are 20 levels that can be adjusted. It ranges from mildly intense at the lowest to severe at the highest. There are also speed adjustment options for whenever you want to quicken up or slow down the massage.
Portable and Battery-powered
The YK15AB can be operated on a single set of AAA batteries. The control unit also includes a timer with a range of up to 80 minutes and a belt clip that can be attached to your clothes for when you need it. Four insertable channel jacks are built into the unit. The YK15AB has a backlit LCD screen where information on the modes, speed, intensity, and time duration, as well as a body chart, are displayed.
There are other accessories that you will expect to receive if you purchase the YK15AB. Since this TENS/EMS unit is battery-powered, a free set of 3 AAA batteries is provided. The pack also includes a pad holder. This allows you to place your pads as neatly and easily as possible. The application placement chart and a manual are also included. Both of these serve as guides to help you along the way while using the device. The YK15AB has many benefits for your body, and you can even gain great insight!
Although it is not included with the purchase of the YK15AB, a control case might be worth considering if you are serious about preserving it and making it last. Apart from the case, HealthmateForever also offers extra accessories specialized for specific massages, such as massage shoes, conductive socks/gloves, a multi-belt, and wrist/ankle wraps among a much wider array of extra items.
Price and Running Costs
The YK15AB’s price is $29.99. This is reasonable considering what it offers. It is also competitive with similar-priced TENS unit massagers. It is a product that provides a solid performance, and is well received by many users. However, there are some minor issues with its running costs. The YK15’s battery-powered version is not rechargeable. AAA batteries will still be required. The duration, however, will depend on what type you prefer to use – it’s either rechargeable batteries or disposable ones.
Pads are also taken into consideration. If you plan on using the YK15AB long-term, those pads included in the pack are not made to last forever, so it’s equally important to factor in spending your money on extra replacements whenever necessary. How often you replace both the pads and batteries will depend on how often you use this TENS unit as well as how well you care for and keep it.
HealthmateForever offers a limited warranty on some of their TENS/EMS products, including the YK1AB, for up to three months. However, it’s important to note that the ‘limited’ in ‘limited warranty’ implies that HealthmateForever will only cover everything except for these factors: neglect, accident, and misuse.
The warranty can only be honored for purchases made in the US and Canada, so if you buy it outside those territories, you’re out of luck! You can purchase an accidental 2-year warranty to add $100 to your warranty. If you encounter manufacturing defects within your YK15AB model, you may ask the company to receive a replacement unit free of charge. Healthmateforever Alongside Us
Pros and Cons
- It is flexible and simple to use
- It targets your body’s problem points effectively and precisely
- You can carry and use it wherever you are, whether you’re working out or relaxing on your bed
- You can choose from a variety of intensities for each person.
- It is highly recommended as an alternative to any painkiller or medication, and at a fair price.
- There are no heat controls nor wireless connectivity in sight
- It is possible to pay more for pads and batteries.
- The organization may be a fuss to deal with, especially without the presence of the control unit case
- For those with high levels of sensitivities to electromagnetic vibrations, it might be too much
HealthmateForever YK15AB: The Review
Upon our first-use experience with the YK15AB, it can be quite complicated to deal with. But with the help of the provided guides, plus more time to explore the device, it gets much easier. It is also very handy in times of emergency. It is filled with electronic transmitted vibrations that are smooth enough to ease tension in certain parts of the body. We’ve used the YK15AB on the back and shoulder area where we often feel aches now and then during our work days. And we’ve noticed how much difference it made compared to using a painkiller ointment.
We discovered that it not only delivered a faster turnaround but also made us feel great. This is something you don’t get with painkillers very often. We were blown away when we compared the prices for a traditional massage and a session with a physical therapist to the YK15AB. The price of the YK15AB is much cheaper than all of the rest combined, and that meant we didn’t have to worry about paying way too much just to alleviate the pain. Plus, with tons of massage modes and customizable intensity and speed configurations to choose from, there’s no denying why the Healthmate YK15AB is highly recommended for the following factors: accessibility, flexibility, and great value for your money.
You can also check out other HealthmateForever products
The YK15AB may be widely known as a best-seller, but did you know there are other TENS/EMS units from HealthmateForever to choose from? These are just a few of the many top-selling TENS units on the market. Here are some alternatives to the YK15AB.
- The wireless, rechargeable YK15RC version is the YK15AB. It comes with several nice upgrades such as the adjustable timer option, wireless compatibility and a 2-year warranty. The RC model is $20 less expensive than the AB.
- The T12AB is high-end in both function and form – it has an LCD touchscreen, smartphone-like portability, and a lock button for whenever you’re done using it without the need to turn it off, plus more pads and massage options at 12! It is more expensive than you might think, but stocks are always limited so it’s best to act quickly if you plan on investing in it.
- The Pro15AB is a great choice if you are looking for a bestseller that offers more options, a longer battery life of 10 hours, and similarity to an iPod. What’s nice about it is the price – it’s midway between that of the YK15AB and T12AB, but you get so much value using it! Healthmateforever Alongside Us
We have never been happier with the HealthmateForever YK15AB since we took a closer look at all we’ve learned, from the functions and the effects. Everyone has been raving about the amazing massage machine. Although there may be extra spending for the batteries and extra pads, this stunning TENS/EMS unit has got all the features anyone can ask for at a surprisingly low price!
Plus, with adjustable options and plenty of massage modes to explore, you wouldn’t even think about trying anything else when it comes to pain management. So, if you’re on the lookout for a breakthrough solution for your back pains and other problem points, look no further than the YK15AB!
FAQ Healthmateforever Alongside Us
What length should an electrotherapy machine such as the YK15AB be used for?
This study shows that 30 min is the recommended time to use electrical stimulants such as the YK15AB/EMS unit. However, how long it can be used depends on the intensity level – lower intensities equal longer electrotherapy sessions, while higher ones require much shorter durations.
How can you use the YK15AB
Follow the instructions.
- Place the pads where you want to receive electrotherapy stimulations. You might place them on your lower back.
- Turn the switch on once the batteries have been charged and the pads have been connected, to start operation.
- To indicate the body parts, press the buttons on the control unit’s top-half. To return to the previous state, press the “Back” button.
- There are four jacks, two for channel A and one for channel B. If you’re connected thru 1A, for example, you may adjust the intensity of channel A on the left side of the unit, front-facing. Channel B intensity adjustment is on the right.
- You may press any of the bottom-half buttons indicating the massage methods. You can also adjust the speed by pressing two yellow buttons located between the massage modes buttons.
- After the massage session has ended, turn off the unit and wait until the electric signals are gone completely from the pads. Next, take them out from the problem area. Healthmateforever Alongside Us
What’s the difference between TENS and EMS?
EMS stands to “electronic muscles stimulator”. The electrical pulses contract the muscle, further reducing the pain. TENS technology, on the other hand, triggers the nerve fibers to prevent them from sending pain signals back and forth to the brain.