It can be difficult to manage body pain. As prolonged hours of work or intense workouts require more effort, it may sometimes be too much to take. As a result, you gradually gain discomfort on your back, arms, legs, and even your feet. This can be annoying, but trust us, it’s not uncommon.
We’ve all tried to manage pain once in our lives. Cost-cutting measures through using hand-held massagers may not be enough. It may not be worth going to a spa to get a massage. Even using painkiller medications can be a risk to deal with. Don’t give up if you don’t want to. We have a solution for you that will solve your problems quickly and without you having to spend too much. Today we’ll be focusing on the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Mr. Product Review’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
Overview: What is the HealthmateForever YK15AB? Healthmateforever Heat Pads
The YK15AB is a dual-channel electric pulse massager that emits pulses directly towards the body’s trigger points, helping improve blood circulation and relax the tense muscles. This TENS unit offers stunning electrotherapy features that are useful in eliminating different kinds of body pain. Composed of a wide range of therapeutic methods and modes, the YK15AB is listed among the most popular electrotherapy machines and has been widely acclaimed for its ease of use, flexibility, and effectiveness.
The YK15AB is just one product from a wide range of TENS units offered by HealthmateForever. What makes each of them unique is its EMS integration. Not only does the YK15AB – and its related products – ease your pain in an instant, but it also makes you feel more optimistic upon use!
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The Features
The YK15AB comes with 8 inserted pin electrode pad. Because they are the only way to make contact between the device and your skin, pads are essential for any TENS unit. Each pad is placed on different parts of the body, and the YK15AB emits stimulations through the pads and onto the problem areas. What’s nice about having 8 pads, in particular, is that you have the option to use two on your arm, four on your lower back, or all at the same time, all over your body.
The pads of the YK15AB are all gel-based to be more comfortable for your skin compared to suction pads, as with HealthmateForever’s other models. The pads must be connected to the unit with wires. The pack contains 4 sets of dual-lead cables, one connecting to the controls and one to the pad. Healthmateforever Heat Pads
Jam-packed Controller Unit
The YK15AB comes with a powerful yet portable control unit that does all the work to relieve your tensions. The YK15AB comes with six different therapeutic methods that combine traditional Asian and Western massages with alternative therapies.
- Kneading – to compress soft and deep tissues through kneading on certain parts of the body
- Acupuncture – to stimulate nerves and muscles based on the traditional Chinese method where pins are used
- Tapping – to improve muscles and blood circulation by tapping with the use of hands
- Cupping – to alleviate pain and inflammation based on the method that makes use of cups, creating suctions
- Scraping (Gua Sha) – to alleviate muscle and joint pain inspired a Chinese therapy massage in which problem points are scraped.
- Random – makes use of a combination of all the aforementioned methods for optimized relaxation and relief
Apart from those, there are 9 various modes, custom-built for a wide range of body parts that may be prone to pain. These parts can often feel sore and uncomfortable. They’re also important as they are required for a long list of activities, from the most essential ones like writing and walking to the most complex such as heavy-duty work and extreme sports.
- Mobility joints: shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles
- The neck and the back
- The hips
- The feet
Additional Uses and Adjustments
While it has specialized modes for specific body parts, the YK15AB can be used on other parts that may need extra pain relief, such as the abdomen, which can often be prone to menstrual cramps among women, and the arms and legs. It can also be used all over the body for all-around pain and soreness relief. The YK15AB allows you to adjust the pulses according to intensity. There are 20 levels that can be adjusted. It ranges from mildly intense at the lowest to severe at the highest. You can also adjust the speed to increase or decrease the massage’s pace.
Battery-powered and portable
The YK15AB is fully battery-powered – a set of 3 AAA batteries is required to operate the device. The control unit also includes a timer with a range of up to 80 minutes and a belt clip that can be attached to your clothes for when you need it. Four insertable channel jacks are built into the unit. The YK15AB features a backlit LCD screen that displays information about the modes, intensity, speed, time duration and body chart.
You will receive other accessories if the YK15AB is purchased. The YK15AB TENS/EMS unit runs on batteries so you will receive a set of 3 AAA batteries for free. The pack also includes a pad holder. This allows you to place your pads as neatly and easily as possible. The application placement chart and a manual are also included. Both of these serve as guides to help you along the way while using the device. The YK15AB has many benefits for your body, and you can even gain great insight!
Although it is not included with the purchase of the YK15AB, a control case might be worth considering if you are serious about preserving it and making it last. HealthmateForever offers additional accessories for massages such as conductive socks/gloves and wrist/ankle wraps.
Prices and running costs
The YK15AB is priced at $29.99, which by the looks of it is arguably reasonable for what it offers. It is also competitive with similar-priced TENS unit massagers. For a product that delivers a solid performance and is positively received among many users, it sure does come with a few minor issues when it comes to running costs. The YK15’s battery-powered version is not rechargeable. You will still need to spend money on AAA batteries. The duration, however, will depend on what type you prefer to use – it’s either rechargeable batteries or disposable ones.
Pads are also taken into consideration. The pads in the YK15AB pack will not last forever so make sure to invest in extra replacements if you need them. How often you replace both the pads and batteries will depend on how often you use this TENS unit as well as how well you care for and keep it.
HealthmateForever offers a limited warranty on some of their TENS/EMS products, including the YK1AB, for up to three months. However, it’s important to note that the ‘limited’ in ‘limited warranty’ implies that HealthmateForever will only cover everything except for these factors: neglect, accident, and misuse.
Only purchases made in the USA and Canada are eligible for warranty coverage. If you purchase it outside of these territories, your chances of getting it will be slim. If you wish to have the warranty cover the aforementioned and much more, you have the option to purchase an accidental 2-year warranty for an extra $100. If you encounter manufacturing defects within your YK15AB model, you may ask the company to receive a replacement unit free of charge. Healthmateforever Heat Pads
Both the pros and cons
- It’s flexible and easy to use
- It targets your body’s problem points effectively and precisely
- It can be carried and used wherever you go, no matter where you are.
- It comes with a wide range of intensity levels for every person
- Highly reviewed as a great alternative to painkillers or any medication – for a reasonable price
- There are no heat controls nor wireless connectivity in sight
- You might have to consider paying extra for not just pads, but also batteries
- It can be difficult to manage the organization, especially without a control unit case.
- Electrode vibrations might be too much for those who are highly sensitive to them
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The review
It can be difficult to use the YK15AB after our first experience. But with the help of the provided guides, plus more time to explore the device, it gets much easier. It can also be very useful in times of need. It is filled with electronic transmitted vibrations that are smooth enough to ease tension in certain parts of the body. The YK15AB has been used on our backs and shoulders, which are areas that we feel aches from time to time during work. And we’ve noticed how much difference it made compared to using a painkiller ointment.
Upon close examination, we discovered that only did it deliver with a much faster turnaround, but it also made us feel good. You don’t often get that with painkillers, no! We were blown away when we compared the prices for a traditional massage and a session with a physical therapist to the YK15AB. The YK15AB’s price is significantly lower than the rest, so we didn’t have to worry too much about getting relief. The Healthmate YK15AB offers a wide range of massage settings and customizable intensities and speeds. This is why it’s highly recommended.
You can also check out other HealthmateForever products
The YK15AB may be widely known as a best-seller, but did you know there are other TENS/EMS units from HealthmateForever to choose from? These are just a few of the many top-selling TENS units on the market. Here are some alternatives to the YK15AB.
- The YK15RC is the wireless, rechargeable version of the YK15AB, and it’s equipped with some nice upgrades, including the adjustable timer option, wireless compatibility, and a 2-year warranty. The RC model is $20 less expensive than the AB.
- The T12AB high-end device is in form and function . It has an LCD touchscreen, smartphone-like portability and a lock button to close it when you’re done. There are also more massage and pad options at 12. The price is understandably much higher, but if you want to invest in it instead, better be quick because stocks always run out!
- The Pro15AB is a great choice if you are looking for a bestseller that offers more options, a longer battery life of 10 hours, and similarity to an iPod. It’s a great value for money, and it’s a good price. Healthmateforever Heat Pads
We have never been happier with the HealthmateForever YK15AB since we took a closer look at all we’ve learned, from the functions and the effects. Everyone has been raving about the amazing massage machine. Although there may be extra spending for the batteries and extra pads, this stunning TENS/EMS unit has got all the features anyone can ask for at a surprisingly low price!
You won’t think of trying any other method for pain management with the adjustable options and a variety of massage modes available. The YK15AB is the perfect choice if you are looking for a solution to your back pains or other problems.
FAQs Healthmateforever Heat Pads
What length should an electrotherapy machine such as the YK15AB be used for?
This study shows that 30 min is the recommended time to use electrical stimulants such as the YK15AB/EMS unit. The intensity of the stimulation is what determines how long you can use it. Lower intensities are better for longer sessions while higher intensity ones require shorter sessions.
How can you use the YK15AB
Follow the instructions.
- Place the pads on where you wish to receive electrotherapy stimulations. You might place them on your lower back.
- Turn the switch on once the batteries have been charged and the pads have been connected, to start operation.
- On the control unit, press any of the top-half buttons indicating the body parts. To return to the previous state, press the “Back” button.
- There are 4 jacks – 2 for channel A and the other remaining for channel B. For example, if you connect via 1A, you can adjust the intensity for channel A on the left side, front-facing. Channel B intensity adjustment is on the right.
- To indicate the type of massage, you can press any one of the buttons in the bottom-half. You may also adjust the speed level as indicated by two yellow buttons in between the massage modes buttons.
- Once the massage session is done, turn the unit off and wait until you no longer completely feel electric signals on the pads. Next, take them out from the problem area. Healthmateforever Heat Pads
What is the difference between EMS and TENS?
EMS stands for “electronic muscle stimulator” – the electrical pulses contract the muscles, further alleviating the pain as a result. TENS technology on the other side triggers nerve fibers to stop them sending back pain signals to the brain.