It can be difficult to manage body pain. As prolonged hours of work or intense workouts require more effort, it may sometimes be too much to take. You may feel discomfort in your back, arms and legs as well as your feet. That can get annoying – trust us, we’ve gone through that, too.
We’ve all tried to manage pain once in our lives. Hand-held massagers might not be cost-effective enough. It may not be worth going to a spa to get a massage. Even painkiller medication can pose a risk. If you’re ready to give up, don’t! We’ve got you a solution that can help you fix your problems at once, and you needn’t worry about spending too much. Today we’ll be focusing on the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Mr. Product Review’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
Overview: What’s the HealthmateForeverYK15AB? Healthmateforever Hm8Ml Vs Omron Pm3032
The YK15AB is a dual-channel electric pulse massager that emits pulses directly towards the body’s trigger points, helping improve blood circulation and relax the tense muscles. This TENS unit offers stunning electrotherapy features that are useful in eliminating different kinds of body pain. The YK15AB has a variety of therapeutic modes and methods. It is widely regarded for its simplicity of use, versatility, and effectiveness.
HealthmateForever offers a variety of TENS devices. The YK15AB can be used as one product. What makes each of them unique is its EMS integration. Not only does the YK15AB – and its related products – ease your pain in an instant, but it also makes you feel more optimistic upon use!
HealthmateForever YK15AB: The Features
Upon purchase of the YK15AB, you receive a total of 8 inserted pin electrode pads. Because they are the only way to make contact between the device and your skin, pads are essential for any TENS unit. Each pad is placed on different parts of the body, and the YK15AB emits stimulations through the pads and onto the problem areas. What’s nice about having 8 pads, in particular, is that you have the option to use two on your arm, four on your lower back, or all at the same time, all over your body.
All pads on the YK15AB have a gel-based base to make them more comfortable than suction pads. The pads must be connected to the unit with wires. Thankfully, the pack includes 4 sets of dual-lead wires, with one end connected to the controls and the other to the pad. Healthmateforever Hm8Ml Vs Omron Pm3032
Jam-packed Controller Unit
The YK15AB comes with a powerful yet portable control unit that does all the work to relieve your tensions. It’s built-in with 6 different therapeutic methods based on a combination of traditional Asian and Western massages and alternative therapies:
- Kneading – to compress deep tissues by kneading certain parts of your body
- Acupuncture – to stimulate nerves and muscles based on the traditional Chinese method where pins are used
- Tapping – Tapping with your hands can improve blood circulation and muscles.
- Cupping – Cupping is a method to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Scraping (Gua Sha) – to alleviate muscle and joint pain inspired a Chinese therapy massage in which problem points are scraped.
- Random – makes use of a combination of all the aforementioned methods for optimized relaxation and relief
Apart from those, there are 9 various modes, custom-built for a wide range of body parts that may be prone to pain. These parts can often feel sore and uncomfortable. They’re also important as they are required for a long list of activities, from the most essential ones like writing and walking to the most complex such as heavy-duty work and extreme sports.
- Mobility joints: shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles
- The neck and back
- The hips
- The feet
Additional Uses and Adjustments
The YK15AB has specialized modes that are suited for certain body parts. However, it can also be used on other areas, such as the abdomen. This area can be prone to cramps and can also be used on the arms and legs. It can also be used all over the body for all-around pain and soreness relief. With the YK15AB, you can adjust the pulses by the intensity with 20 adjustable levels, and it ranges from mild at the lowest and severe at the highest. You can also adjust the speed to increase or decrease the massage’s pace.
Portable and Battery-powered
The YK15AB can be operated on a single set of AAA batteries. The control unit also includes a timer with a range of up to 80 minutes and a belt clip that can be attached to your clothes for when you need it. The unit includes four insertable channel jacks. The YK15AB has a backlit LCD screen where information on the modes, speed, intensity, and time duration, as well as a body chart, are displayed.
There are other accessories that you will expect to receive if you purchase the YK15AB. Since this TENS/EMS unit is battery-powered, a free set of 3 AAA batteries is provided. Included in the pack is a pad holder, where, as the name suggests, you can place the pads as neatly as possible. Also included are the application placement chart, and, as always, a user manual. These are guides that will help you navigate the device. You even get great insights on how the YK15AB can bring lots of beneficial effects all over your body!
While it’s unfortunately not included upon buying the YK15AB, a control unit case may be something to invest in if you do care about preserving and using it long-term. Apart from the case, HealthmateForever also offers extra accessories specialized for specific massages, such as massage shoes, conductive socks/gloves, a multi-belt, and wrist/ankle wraps among a much wider array of extra items.
Prices and running costs
The YK15AB is priced at $29.99, which by the looks of it is arguably reasonable for what it offers. It also lies along a competitive range with other TENS unit massagers that are identically and closely priced. For a product that delivers a solid performance and is positively received among many users, it sure does come with a few minor issues when it comes to running costs. As this is the battery-powered version of the YK15, don’t expect the AB version to be rechargeable. You will still need to spend money on AAA batteries. However, the duration will vary depending on which type of AAA batteries you use.
Also, pads should be considered. If you plan on using the YK15AB long-term, those pads included in the pack are not made to last forever, so it’s equally important to factor in spending your money on extra replacements whenever necessary. How often you replace both the pads and batteries will depend on how often you use this TENS unit as well as how well you care for and keep it.
HealthmateForever offers a limited warranty for some TENS/EMS products including the YK1AB for up to 3 months. However, it’s important to note that the ‘limited’ in ‘limited warranty’ implies that HealthmateForever will only cover everything except for these factors: neglect, accident, and misuse.
The warranty can only be honored for purchases made in the US and Canada, so if you buy it outside those territories, you’re out of luck! You can purchase an accidental 2-year warranty to add $100 to your warranty. You can request a free replacement unit if you experience manufacturing defects with your YK15AB product. Healthmateforever Hm8Ml Vs Omron Pm3032
Pros and Cons
- It’s flexible and easy to use
- It targets the problem areas of your body precisely and effectively
- It can be carried and used wherever you go, no matter where you are.
- You can choose from a variety of intensities for each person.
- It is highly recommended as an alternative to any painkiller or medication, and at a fair price.
- Wireless connectivity and heat controls are not available.
- You might have to consider paying extra for not just pads, but also batteries
- It can be difficult to manage the organization, especially without a control unit case.
- For those with high levels of sensitivities to electromagnetic vibrations, it might be too much
HealthmateForever YK15AB: The Review
It can be difficult to use the YK15AB after our first experience. It becomes much simpler with the help the provided guides and more time to explore it. It can also be very useful in times of need. It’s filled to the brim with electronically transmitted vibrations that are smooth and powerful enough to relieve the tension on some parts of the body. The YK15AB has been used on our backs and shoulders, which are areas that we feel aches from time to time during work. And we’ve noticed how much difference it made compared to using a painkiller ointment.
Upon close examination, we discovered that only did it deliver with a much faster turnaround, but it also made us feel good. This is something you don’t get with painkillers very often. And, once we checked the price comparison between that, a traditional massage, a session with a physical therapist, and the YK15AB, the results blew our minds! The price of the YK15AB is much cheaper than all of the rest combined, and that meant we didn’t have to worry about paying way too much just to alleviate the pain. The Healthmate YK15AB offers a wide range of massage settings and customizable intensities and speeds. This is why it’s highly recommended.
Other HealthmateForever Products to Check Out
While the YK15AB is a well-known bestseller, did you know that there are many other TENS/EMS units available from HealthmateForever? The wellness brand has been known for producing some of the top-selling TENS unit massagers on the market, and here are some of the alternatives worth checking out if you want more features than the YK15AB can offer.
- The wireless, rechargeable YK15RC version is the YK15AB. It comes with several nice upgrades such as the adjustable timer option, wireless compatibility and a 2-year warranty. But, in comparison, the RC model is at least $20 more expensive than the AB.
- The T12AB is high-end in both function and form – it has an LCD touchscreen, smartphone-like portability, and a lock button for whenever you’re done using it without the need to turn it off, plus more pads and massage options at 12! The price is understandably much higher, but if you want to invest in it instead, better be quick because stocks always run out!
- The Pro15AB is a great choice if you are looking for a bestseller that offers more options, a longer battery life of 10 hours, and similarity to an iPod. What’s nice about it is the price – it’s midway between that of the YK15AB and T12AB, but you get so much value using it! Healthmateforever Hm8Ml Vs Omron Pm3032
After taking a close look at everything we’ve learned so far, from the functions to the effects, we have never been happier trying out the HealthmateForever YK15AB. It’s no wonder why everyone has been raving about how wonderful it is as a massage machine. Although there may be extra spending for the batteries and extra pads, this stunning TENS/EMS unit has got all the features anyone can ask for at a surprisingly low price!
You won’t think of trying any other method for pain management with the adjustable options and a variety of massage modes available. The YK15AB is the perfect choice if you are looking for a solution to your back pains or other problems.
FAQs Healthmateforever Hm8Ml Vs Omron Pm3032
How long should you use an electrotherapy machine like the YK15AB?
This study shows that 30 min is the recommended time to use electrical stimulants such as the YK15AB/EMS unit. However, how long it can be used depends on the intensity level – lower intensities equal longer electrotherapy sessions, while higher ones require much shorter durations.
How can you use the YK15AB
According to the instructions:
- Place the pads on where you wish to receive electrotherapy stimulations. You might place them on your lower back.
- Turn the switch on once the batteries have been charged and the pads have been connected, to start operation.
- On the control unit, press any of the top-half buttons indicating the body parts. To return to the previous state, press the “Back” button.
- There are four jacks, two for channel A and one for channel B. For example, if you connect via 1A, you can adjust the intensity for channel A on the left side, front-facing. Channel B intensity adjustment is on the right.
- You may press any of the bottom-half buttons indicating the massage methods. You may also adjust the speed level as indicated by two yellow buttons in between the massage modes buttons.
- After the massage session has ended, turn off the unit and wait until the electric signals are gone completely from the pads. Then take them out of the problem area. Healthmateforever Hm8Ml Vs Omron Pm3032
What is the difference between EMS and TENS?
EMS stands to “electronic muscles stimulator”. The electrical pulses contract the muscle, further reducing the pain. TENS technology, on the other hand, triggers the nerve fibers to prevent them from sending pain signals back and forth to the brain.