Body pain can be a challenge. It can be difficult to endure long hours at work or intense training. You may feel discomfort in your back, arms and legs as well as your feet. This can be annoying, but trust us, it’s not uncommon.
We’ve all tried to manage pain once in our lives. Hand-held massagers might not be cost-effective enough. It may not be worth going to a spa to get a massage. Even using painkiller medications can be a risk to deal with. If you’re ready to give up, don’t! We have a solution for you that will solve your problems quickly and without you having to spend too much. Today we’ll be focusing on the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Mr. Product Review’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
Overview: What is the HealthmateForever YK15AB? Healthmateforever Tens Review
The YK15AB is a dual-channel electric pulse massager that emits pulses directly towards the body’s trigger points, helping improve blood circulation and relax the tense muscles. The TENS unit has amazing electrotherapy features that can be used to relieve different types of pain. Composed of a wide range of therapeutic methods and modes, the YK15AB is listed among the most popular electrotherapy machines and has been widely acclaimed for its ease of use, flexibility, and effectiveness.
HealthmateForever offers a variety of TENS devices. The YK15AB can be used as one product. What makes each of them unique is its EMS integration. Not only does the YK15AB – and its related products – ease your pain in an instant, but it also makes you feel more optimistic upon use!
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The Features
Upon purchase of the YK15AB, you receive a total of 8 inserted pin electrode pads. Because they are the only way to make contact between the device and your skin, pads are essential for any TENS unit. Each pad is placed on different parts of the body, and the YK15AB emits stimulations through the pads and onto the problem areas. The best thing about 8 pads is the ability to place two on your arm and four on your lower back. Or, you can use them all on your entire body.
The pads of the YK15AB are all gel-based to be more comfortable for your skin compared to suction pads, as with HealthmateForever’s other models. Since the unit is wired, the pads will need to be integrated with the use of wires. Thankfully, the pack includes 4 sets of dual-lead wires, with one end connected to the controls and the other to the pad. Healthmateforever Tens Review
Jam-packed Controller Unit
The YK15AB comes with a powerful yet portable control unit that does all the work to relieve your tensions. The YK15AB comes with six different therapeutic methods that combine traditional Asian and Western massages with alternative therapies.
- Kneading – to compress deep tissues by kneading certain parts of your body
- Acupuncture – to stimulate nerves and muscles based on the traditional Chinese method where pins are used
- Tapping – to improve muscles and blood circulation by tapping with the use of hands
- Cupping – to alleviate pain and inflammation based on the method that makes use of cups, creating suctions
- Scraping (Gua Sha) – to alleviate muscle and joint pain inspired a Chinese therapy massage in which problem points are scraped.
- Random – Combines all of the above methods to optimize relaxation and relief
Apart from those, there are 9 various modes, custom-built for a wide range of body parts that may be prone to pain. These parts can often feel sore and uncomfortable. These parts are also essential because they are necessary for many activities, including writing and walking.
- Mobility joints: elbows, shoulders, wrists and knees.
- The neck and the back
- The hips
- The feet
More Uses and Extra Adjustments
The YK15AB has specialized modes that are suited for certain body parts. However, it can also be used on other areas, such as the abdomen. This area can be prone to cramps and can also be used on the arms and legs. You can use it all over your body to relieve pain and soreness. The YK15AB allows you to adjust the pulses according to intensity. There are 20 levels that can be adjusted. It ranges from mildly intense at the lowest to severe at the highest. There are also speed adjustment options for whenever you want to quicken up or slow down the massage.
Portable and Battery-powered
The YK15AB is fully battery-powered – a set of 3 AAA batteries is required to operate the device. The control unit also includes a timer with a range of up to 80 minutes and a belt clip that can be attached to your clothes for when you need it. The unit includes four insertable channel jacks. The YK15AB features a backlit LCD screen that displays information about the modes, intensity, speed, time duration and body chart.
You will receive other accessories if the YK15AB is purchased. Since this TENS/EMS unit is battery-powered, a free set of 3 AAA batteries is provided. Included in the pack is a pad holder, where, as the name suggests, you can place the pads as neatly as possible. The application placement chart and a manual are also included. Both of these serve as guides to help you along the way while using the device. The YK15AB has many benefits for your body, and you can even gain great insight!
While it’s unfortunately not included upon buying the YK15AB, a control unit case may be something to invest in if you do care about preserving and using it long-term. HealthmateForever offers additional accessories for massages such as conductive socks/gloves and wrist/ankle wraps.
Prices and running costs
The YK15AB is priced at $29.99, which by the looks of it is arguably reasonable for what it offers. It is also competitive with similar-priced TENS unit massagers. It is a product that provides a solid performance, and is well received by many users. However, there are some minor issues with its running costs. The YK15’s battery-powered version is not rechargeable. You will still need to spend money on AAA batteries. The duration, however, will depend on what type you prefer to use – it’s either rechargeable batteries or disposable ones.
Pads are also taken into consideration. The pads in the YK15AB pack will not last forever so make sure to invest in extra replacements if you need them. How often you replace both the pads and batteries will depend on how often you use this TENS unit as well as how well you care for and keep it.
HealthmateForever offers a limited warranty for some TENS/EMS products including the YK1AB for up to 3 months. It is important to remember that HealthmateForever’s ‘limited warranty’ does not cover all factors.
The warranty can only be honored for purchases made in the US and Canada, so if you buy it outside those territories, you’re out of luck! If you wish to have the warranty cover the aforementioned and much more, you have the option to purchase an accidental 2-year warranty for an extra $100. If you encounter manufacturing defects within your YK15AB model, you may ask the company to receive a replacement unit free of charge. Healthmateforever Tens Review
Pros and Cons
- It’s flexible and easy to use
- It targets the problem areas of your body precisely and effectively
- It can be carried and used wherever you go, no matter where you are.
- You can choose from a variety of intensities for each person.
- Highly reviewed as a great alternative to painkillers or any medication – for a reasonable price
- There are no heat controls nor wireless connectivity in sight
- You might have to consider paying extra for not just pads, but also batteries
- The organization may be a fuss to deal with, especially without the presence of the control unit case
- Electrode vibrations might be too much for those who are highly sensitive to them
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The review
Upon our first-use experience with the YK15AB, it can be quite complicated to deal with. It becomes much simpler with the help the provided guides and more time to explore it. It is also very handy in times of emergency. It is filled with electronic transmitted vibrations that are smooth enough to ease tension in certain parts of the body. The YK15AB has been used on our backs and shoulders, which are areas that we feel aches from time to time during work. We noticed a significant difference in the effectiveness of the YK15AB compared to using painkiller creams.
Upon close examination, we discovered that only did it deliver with a much faster turnaround, but it also made us feel good. You don’t often get that with painkillers, no! And, once we checked the price comparison between that, a traditional massage, a session with a physical therapist, and the YK15AB, the results blew our minds! The YK15AB’s price is significantly lower than the rest, so we didn’t have to worry too much about getting relief. Plus, with tons of massage modes and customizable intensity and speed configurations to choose from, there’s no denying why the Healthmate YK15AB is highly recommended for the following factors: accessibility, flexibility, and great value for your money.
Other HealthmateForever Products to Check Out
While the YK15AB is a well-known bestseller, did you know that there are many other TENS/EMS units available from HealthmateForever? These are just a few of the many top-selling TENS units on the market. Here are some alternatives to the YK15AB.
- The wireless, rechargeable YK15RC version is the YK15AB. It comes with several nice upgrades such as the adjustable timer option, wireless compatibility and a 2-year warranty. The RC model is $20 less expensive than the AB.
- The T12AB high-end device is in form and function . It has an LCD touchscreen, smartphone-like portability and a lock button to close it when you’re done. There are also more massage and pad options at 12. The price is understandably much higher, but if you want to invest in it instead, better be quick because stocks always run out!
- If you’re looking for a best-seller that has much more modes to choose from, a long battery span of 10 hours, and the convenience similar to an iPod, the Pro15AB is one to try out. It’s a great value for money, and it’s a good price. Healthmateforever Tens Review
After taking a close look at everything we’ve learned so far, from the functions to the effects, we have never been happier trying out the HealthmateForever YK15AB. It’s no wonder why everyone has been raving about how wonderful it is as a massage machine. Although there may be extra spending for the batteries and extra pads, this stunning TENS/EMS unit has got all the features anyone can ask for at a surprisingly low price!
You won’t think of trying any other method for pain management with the adjustable options and a variety of massage modes available. The YK15AB is the perfect choice if you are looking for a solution to your back pains or other problems.
FAQ Healthmateforever Tens Review
What length should an electrotherapy machine such as the YK15AB be used for?
This study shows that 30 min is the recommended time to use electrical stimulants such as the YK15AB/EMS unit. However, how long it can be used depends on the intensity level – lower intensities equal longer electrotherapy sessions, while higher ones require much shorter durations.
How do you use the YK15AB?
According to the instructions:
- Place the pads on where you wish to receive electrotherapy stimulations. Say, you want to place them on the lower back.
- Once the batteries are loaded and pads are connected to the unit, turn the switch on to begin operation.
- On the control unit, press any of the top-half buttons indicating the body parts. To return to the previous state, press the “Back” button.
- There are four jacks, two for channel A and one for channel B. If you’re connected thru 1A, for example, you may adjust the intensity of channel A on the left side of the unit, front-facing. The channel B intensity adjustment is located on the right.
- To indicate the type of massage, you can press any one of the buttons in the bottom-half. You may also adjust the speed level as indicated by two yellow buttons in between the massage modes buttons.
- After the massage session has ended, turn off the unit and wait until the electric signals are gone completely from the pads. Next, take them out from the problem area. Healthmateforever Tens Review
What’s the difference between TENS and EMS?
EMS stands to “electronic muscles stimulator”. The electrical pulses contract the muscle, further reducing the pain. TENS technology, on the other hand, triggers the nerve fibers to prevent them from sending pain signals back and forth to the brain.