It can be difficult to manage body pain. As prolonged hours of work or intense workouts require more effort, it may sometimes be too much to take. You may feel discomfort in your back, arms and legs as well as your feet. That can get annoying – trust us, we’ve gone through that, too.
Once in our lives, we’ve all tried to find ways to manage the pain, nearly most of the time to no avail. Hand-held massagers might not be cost-effective enough. Going to a spa for an actual massage may not be enough either. Even using painkiller medications can be a risk to deal with. If you’re ready to give up, don’t! We have a solution for you that will solve your problems quickly and without you having to spend too much. Today, we will do a concise review on the HealthmateForever YK15AB!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Mr. Product Review’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of the HealthmateForever YK15AB, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: What is the HealthmateForever YK15AB? Healthmateforever Yk15Ab Tens Unit Replacement Pcs
The two-channel electric pulse massager , the YK15AB, is a dual channel. It emits pulses that are directed at the trigger points of the body. This helps improve blood circulation and relax tight muscles. The TENS unit has amazing electrotherapy features that can be used to relieve different types of pain. The YK15AB has a variety of therapeutic modes and methods. It is widely regarded for its simplicity of use, versatility, and effectiveness.
The YK15AB is just one product from a wide range of TENS units offered by HealthmateForever. What makes each of them unique is its EMS integration. Not only does the YK15AB – and its related products – ease your pain in an instant, but it also makes you feel more optimistic upon use!
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The Features
Upon purchase of the YK15AB, you receive a total of 8 inserted pin electrode pads. Pads are necessary for any TENS unit, as they’re the only way to create contact between the skin and the device. Each pad is placed on different parts of the body, and the YK15AB emits stimulations through the pads and onto the problem areas. The best thing about 8 pads is the ability to place two on your arm and four on your lower back. Or, you can use them all on your entire body.
The pads of the YK15AB are all gel-based to be more comfortable for your skin compared to suction pads, as with HealthmateForever’s other models. The pads must be connected to the unit with wires. The pack contains 4 sets of dual-lead cables, one connecting to the controls and one to the pad. Healthmateforever Yk15Ab Tens Unit Replacement Pcs
Jam-packed Controller Unit
The YK15AB comes with a powerful yet portable control unit that does all the work to relieve your tensions. It’s built-in with 6 different therapeutic methods based on a combination of traditional Asian and Western massages and alternative therapies:
- Kneading – to compress soft and deep tissues through kneading on certain parts of the body
- Acupuncture – to stimulate nerves and muscles based on the traditional Chinese method where pins are used
- Tapping – Tapping with your hands can improve blood circulation and muscles.
- Cupping – Cupping is a method to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Scraping (Gua sha) – to relieve muscle and joint pain inspired by a Chinese therapy massage where problem points are scraped over
- Random – Combines all of the above methods to optimize relaxation and relief
Apart from those, there are 9 various modes, custom-built for a wide range of body parts that may be prone to pain. These parts can often feel sore and uncomfortable. They’re also important as they are required for a long list of activities, from the most essential ones like writing and walking to the most complex such as heavy-duty work and extreme sports.
- Mobility joints: elbows, shoulders, wrists and knees.
- The neck and the back
- The hips
- The feet
More Uses and Extra Adjustments
While it has specialized modes for specific body parts, the YK15AB can be used on other parts that may need extra pain relief, such as the abdomen, which can often be prone to menstrual cramps among women, and the arms and legs. You can use it all over your body to relieve pain and soreness. The YK15AB allows you to adjust the pulses according to intensity. There are 20 levels that can be adjusted. It ranges from mildly intense at the lowest to severe at the highest. There are also speed adjustment options for whenever you want to quicken up or slow down the massage.
Battery-powered and portable
The YK15AB is fully battery-powered – a set of 3 AAA batteries is required to operate the device. The control unit also includes a timer with a range of up to 80 minutes and a belt clip that can be attached to your clothes for when you need it. The unit includes four insertable channel jacks. The YK15AB features a backlit LCD screen that displays information about the modes, intensity, speed, time duration and body chart.
There are other accessories that you will expect to receive if you purchase the YK15AB. The YK15AB TENS/EMS unit runs on batteries so you will receive a set of 3 AAA batteries for free. Included in the pack is a pad holder, where, as the name suggests, you can place the pads as neatly as possible. Also included are the application placement chart, and, as always, a user manual. Both of these serve as guides to help you along the way while using the device. You even get great insights on how the YK15AB can bring lots of beneficial effects all over your body!
Although it is not included with the purchase of the YK15AB, a control case might be worth considering if you are serious about preserving it and making it last. HealthmateForever offers additional accessories for massages such as conductive socks/gloves and wrist/ankle wraps.
Price and Running Costs
The YK15AB is priced at $29.99, which by the looks of it is arguably reasonable for what it offers. It also lies along a competitive range with other TENS unit massagers that are identically and closely priced. For a product that delivers a solid performance and is positively received among many users, it sure does come with a few minor issues when it comes to running costs. As this is the battery-powered version of the YK15, don’t expect the AB version to be rechargeable. AAA batteries will still be required. The duration, however, will depend on what type you prefer to use – it’s either rechargeable batteries or disposable ones.
Pads are also taken into consideration. If you plan on using the YK15AB long-term, those pads included in the pack are not made to last forever, so it’s equally important to factor in spending your money on extra replacements whenever necessary. How often you replace both the pads and batteries will depend on how often you use this TENS unit as well as how well you care for and keep it.
HealthmateForever offers a limited warranty on some of their TENS/EMS products, including the YK1AB, for up to three months. It is important to remember that HealthmateForever’s ‘limited warranty’ does not cover all factors.
Only purchases made in the USA and Canada are eligible for warranty coverage. If you purchase it outside of these territories, your chances of getting it will be slim. You can purchase an accidental 2-year warranty to add $100 to your warranty. You can request a free replacement unit if you experience manufacturing defects with your YK15AB product. Healthmateforever Yk15Ab Tens Unit Replacement Pcs
Both the pros and cons
- It’s flexible and easy to use
- It targets the problem areas of your body precisely and effectively
- You can carry and use it wherever you are, whether you’re working out or relaxing on your bed
- You can choose from a variety of intensities for each person.
- It is highly recommended as an alternative to any painkiller or medication, and at a fair price.
- There are no heat controls nor wireless connectivity in sight
- It is possible to pay more for pads and batteries.
- The organization may be a fuss to deal with, especially without the presence of the control unit case
- For those with high levels of sensitivities to electromagnetic vibrations, it might be too much
HealthmateForever YK15AB: The Review
It can be difficult to use the YK15AB after our first experience. It becomes much simpler with the help the provided guides and more time to explore it. It is also very handy in times of emergency. It is filled with electronic transmitted vibrations that are smooth enough to ease tension in certain parts of the body. We’ve used the YK15AB on the back and shoulder area where we often feel aches now and then during our work days. And we’ve noticed how much difference it made compared to using a painkiller ointment.
We discovered that it not only delivered a faster turnaround but also made us feel great. This is something you don’t get with painkillers very often. We were blown away when we compared the prices for a traditional massage and a session with a physical therapist to the YK15AB. The YK15AB’s price is significantly lower than the rest, so we didn’t have to worry too much about getting relief. The Healthmate YK15AB offers a wide range of massage settings and customizable intensities and speeds. This is why it’s highly recommended.
Other HealthmateForever Products to Check Out
While the YK15AB is a well-known bestseller, did you know that there are many other TENS/EMS units available from HealthmateForever? The wellness brand has been known for producing some of the top-selling TENS unit massagers on the market, and here are some of the alternatives worth checking out if you want more features than the YK15AB can offer.
- The wireless, rechargeable YK15RC version is the YK15AB. It comes with several nice upgrades such as the adjustable timer option, wireless compatibility and a 2-year warranty. The RC model is $20 less expensive than the AB.
- The T12AB high-end device is in form and function . It has an LCD touchscreen, smartphone-like portability and a lock button to close it when you’re done. There are also more massage and pad options at 12. It is more expensive than you might think, but stocks are always limited so it’s best to act quickly if you plan on investing in it.
- If you’re looking for a best-seller that has much more modes to choose from, a long battery span of 10 hours, and the convenience similar to an iPod, the Pro15AB is one to try out. It’s a great value for money, and it’s a good price. Healthmateforever Yk15Ab Tens Unit Replacement Pcs
After taking a close look at everything we’ve learned so far, from the functions to the effects, we have never been happier trying out the HealthmateForever YK15AB. It’s no wonder why everyone has been raving about how wonderful it is as a massage machine. Although there may be extra spending for the batteries and extra pads, this stunning TENS/EMS unit has got all the features anyone can ask for at a surprisingly low price!
You won’t think of trying any other method for pain management with the adjustable options and a variety of massage modes available. The YK15AB is the perfect choice if you are looking for a solution to your back pains or other problems.
FAQs Healthmateforever Yk15Ab Tens Unit Replacement Pcs
How long should you use an electrotherapy machine like the YK15AB?
This study shows that 30 min is the recommended time to use electrical stimulants such as the YK15AB/EMS unit. The intensity of the stimulation is what determines how long you can use it. Lower intensities are better for longer sessions while higher intensity ones require shorter sessions.
How do you use the YK15AB?
Follow the instructions.
- Place the pads on where you wish to receive electrotherapy stimulations. You might place them on your lower back.
- Once the batteries are loaded and pads are connected to the unit, turn the switch on to begin operation.
- On the control unit, press any of the top-half buttons indicating the body parts. To return to the previous state, press the “Back” button.
- There are four jacks, two for channel A and one for channel B. If you’re connected thru 1A, for example, you may adjust the intensity of channel A on the left side of the unit, front-facing. Channel B intensity adjustment is on the right.
- You may press any of the bottom-half buttons indicating the massage methods. You may also adjust the speed level as indicated by two yellow buttons in between the massage modes buttons.
- Once the massage session is done, turn the unit off and wait until you no longer completely feel electric signals on the pads. Next, take them out from the problem area. Healthmateforever Yk15Ab Tens Unit Replacement Pcs
What’s the difference between TENS and EMS?
EMS stands for “electronic muscle stimulator” – the electrical pulses contract the muscles, further alleviating the pain as a result. TENS technology on the other side triggers nerve fibers to stop them sending back pain signals to the brain.