It can be difficult to manage body pain. It can be difficult to endure long hours at work or intense training. You may feel discomfort in your back, arms and legs as well as your feet. This can be annoying, but trust us, it’s not uncommon.
Once in our lives, we’ve all tried to find ways to manage the pain, nearly most of the time to no avail. Hand-held massagers might not be cost-effective enough. Going to a spa for an actual massage may not be enough either. Even using painkiller medications can be a risk to deal with. If you’re ready to give up, don’t! We’ve got you a solution that can help you fix your problems at once, and you needn’t worry about spending too much. Today, we will do a concise review on the HealthmateForever YK15AB!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Mr. Product Review’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the HealthmateForever YK15AB.
Overview: What is the HealthmateForever YK15AB? Nk6Ml Healthmateforever Tens Unit
The YK15AB is a dual-channel electric pulse massager that emits pulses directly towards the body’s trigger points, helping improve blood circulation and relax the tense muscles. This TENS unit offers stunning electrotherapy features that are useful in eliminating different kinds of body pain. The YK15AB has a variety of therapeutic modes and methods. It is widely regarded for its simplicity of use, versatility, and effectiveness.
The YK15AB is just one product from a wide range of TENS units offered by HealthmateForever. What makes each of them unique is its EMS integration. Not only does the YK15AB – and its related products – ease your pain in an instant, but it also makes you feel more optimistic upon use!
HealthmateForever YK15AB: The Features
The YK15AB comes with 8 inserted pin electrode pad. Pads are necessary for any TENS unit, as they’re the only way to create contact between the skin and the device. Each pad is placed on different parts of the body, and the YK15AB emits stimulations through the pads and onto the problem areas. What’s nice about having 8 pads, in particular, is that you have the option to use two on your arm, four on your lower back, or all at the same time, all over your body.
The pads of the YK15AB are all gel-based to be more comfortable for your skin compared to suction pads, as with HealthmateForever’s other models. Since the unit is wired, the pads will need to be integrated with the use of wires. Thankfully, the pack includes 4 sets of dual-lead wires, with one end connected to the controls and the other to the pad. Nk6Ml Healthmateforever Tens Unit
Jam-packed Controller Unit
The YK15AB comes with a powerful yet portable control unit that does all the work to relieve your tensions. The YK15AB comes with six different therapeutic methods that combine traditional Asian and Western massages with alternative therapies.
- Kneading – to compress soft and deep tissues through kneading on certain parts of the body
- Acupuncture – stimulate nerves and muscles using the traditional Chinese method that uses pins
- Tapping – to improve muscles and blood circulation by tapping with the use of hands
- Cupping – Cupping is a method to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Scraping (Gua Sha) – to alleviate muscle and joint pain inspired a Chinese therapy massage in which problem points are scraped.
- Random – makes use of a combination of all the aforementioned methods for optimized relaxation and relief
Apart from those, there are 9 various modes, custom-built for a wide range of body parts that may be prone to pain. These parts can often feel sore and uncomfortable. These parts are also essential because they are necessary for many activities, including writing and walking.
- Mobility joints: shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles
- The neck and the back
- The hips
- The feet
More Uses and Extra Adjustments
While it has specialized modes for specific body parts, the YK15AB can be used on other parts that may need extra pain relief, such as the abdomen, which can often be prone to menstrual cramps among women, and the arms and legs. It can also be used all over the body for all-around pain and soreness relief. With the YK15AB, you can adjust the pulses by the intensity with 20 adjustable levels, and it ranges from mild at the lowest and severe at the highest. There are also speed adjustment options for whenever you want to quicken up or slow down the massage.
Portable and Battery-powered
The YK15AB can be operated on a single set of AAA batteries. The control unit also includes a timer with a range of up to 80 minutes and a belt clip that can be attached to your clothes for when you need it. Four insertable channel jacks are built into the unit. The YK15AB has a backlit LCD screen where information on the modes, speed, intensity, and time duration, as well as a body chart, are displayed.
There are other accessories that you will expect to receive if you purchase the YK15AB. Since this TENS/EMS unit is battery-powered, a free set of 3 AAA batteries is provided. Included in the pack is a pad holder, where, as the name suggests, you can place the pads as neatly as possible. Also included are the application placement chart, and, as always, a user manual. These are guides that will help you navigate the device. The YK15AB has many benefits for your body, and you can even gain great insight!
While it’s unfortunately not included upon buying the YK15AB, a control unit case may be something to invest in if you do care about preserving and using it long-term. Apart from the case, HealthmateForever also offers extra accessories specialized for specific massages, such as massage shoes, conductive socks/gloves, a multi-belt, and wrist/ankle wraps among a much wider array of extra items.
Prices and running costs
The YK15AB’s price is $29.99. This is reasonable considering what it offers. It is also competitive with similar-priced TENS unit massagers. It is a product that provides a solid performance, and is well received by many users. However, there are some minor issues with its running costs. As this is the battery-powered version of the YK15, don’t expect the AB version to be rechargeable. AAA batteries will still be required. The duration, however, will depend on what type you prefer to use – it’s either rechargeable batteries or disposable ones.
Also, pads should be considered. The pads in the YK15AB pack will not last forever so make sure to invest in extra replacements if you need them. The frequency at which you need to replace the batteries and pads will depend on how frequently you use this TENS device, as well as how well it is maintained.
HealthmateForever offers a limited warranty for some TENS/EMS products including the YK1AB for up to 3 months. It is important to remember that HealthmateForever’s ‘limited warranty’ does not cover all factors.
Only purchases made in the USA and Canada are eligible for warranty coverage. If you purchase it outside of these territories, your chances of getting it will be slim. You can purchase an accidental 2-year warranty to add $100 to your warranty. If you encounter manufacturing defects within your YK15AB model, you may ask the company to receive a replacement unit free of charge. Nk6Ml Healthmateforever Tens Unit
Pros and Cons
- It’s flexible and easy to use
- It targets the problem areas of your body precisely and effectively
- It can be carried and used wherever you go, no matter where you are.
- It comes with a wide range of intensity levels for every person
- It is highly recommended as an alternative to any painkiller or medication, and at a fair price.
- Wireless connectivity and heat controls are not available.
- You might have to consider paying extra for not just pads, but also batteries
- It can be difficult to manage the organization, especially without a control unit case.
- Electrode vibrations might be too much for those who are highly sensitive to them
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The review
It can be difficult to use the YK15AB after our first experience. But with the help of the provided guides, plus more time to explore the device, it gets much easier. It is also very handy in times of emergency. It’s filled to the brim with electronically transmitted vibrations that are smooth and powerful enough to relieve the tension on some parts of the body. We’ve used the YK15AB on the back and shoulder area where we often feel aches now and then during our work days. And we’ve noticed how much difference it made compared to using a painkiller ointment.
Upon close examination, we discovered that only did it deliver with a much faster turnaround, but it also made us feel good. This is something you don’t get with painkillers very often. And, once we checked the price comparison between that, a traditional massage, a session with a physical therapist, and the YK15AB, the results blew our minds! The YK15AB’s price is significantly lower than the rest, so we didn’t have to worry too much about getting relief. The Healthmate YK15AB offers a wide range of massage settings and customizable intensities and speeds. This is why it’s highly recommended.
Other HealthmateForever Products to Check Out
While the YK15AB is a well-known bestseller, did you know that there are many other TENS/EMS units available from HealthmateForever? These are just a few of the many top-selling TENS units on the market. Here are some alternatives to the YK15AB.
- The YK15RC is the wireless, rechargeable version of the YK15AB, and it’s equipped with some nice upgrades, including the adjustable timer option, wireless compatibility, and a 2-year warranty. But, in comparison, the RC model is at least $20 more expensive than the AB.
- The T12AB is high-end in both function and form – it has an LCD touchscreen, smartphone-like portability, and a lock button for whenever you’re done using it without the need to turn it off, plus more pads and massage options at 12! The price is understandably much higher, but if you want to invest in it instead, better be quick because stocks always run out!
- If you’re looking for a best-seller that has much more modes to choose from, a long battery span of 10 hours, and the convenience similar to an iPod, the Pro15AB is one to try out. It’s a great value for money, and it’s a good price. Nk6Ml Healthmateforever Tens Unit
After taking a close look at everything we’ve learned so far, from the functions to the effects, we have never been happier trying out the HealthmateForever YK15AB. It’s no wonder why everyone has been raving about how wonderful it is as a massage machine. This amazing TENS/EMS unit is not only affordable, but it also has all the features you could want at an affordable price.
Plus, with adjustable options and plenty of massage modes to explore, you wouldn’t even think about trying anything else when it comes to pain management. The YK15AB is the perfect choice if you are looking for a solution to your back pains or other problems.
FAQ Nk6Ml Healthmateforever Tens Unit
What length should an electrotherapy machine such as the YK15AB be used for?
Based on this study, 30 minutes is the recommended duration of using electrical stimulants like the YK15AB TENS/EMS unit. The intensity of the stimulation is what determines how long you can use it. Lower intensities are better for longer sessions while higher intensity ones require shorter sessions.
How can you use the YK15AB
Follow the instructions.
- Place the pads on where you wish to receive electrotherapy stimulations. You might place them on your lower back.
- Turn the switch on once the batteries have been charged and the pads have been connected, to start operation.
- On the control unit, press any of the top-half buttons indicating the body parts. To return to the previous state, press the “Back” button.
- There are four jacks, two for channel A and one for channel B. For example, if you connect via 1A, you can adjust the intensity for channel A on the left side, front-facing. Channel B intensity adjustment is on the right.
- To indicate the type of massage, you can press any one of the buttons in the bottom-half. You may also adjust the speed level as indicated by two yellow buttons in between the massage modes buttons.
- After the massage session has ended, turn off the unit and wait until the electric signals are gone completely from the pads. Next, take them out from the problem area. Nk6Ml Healthmateforever Tens Unit
What’s the difference between TENS and EMS?
EMS stands for “electronic muscle stimulator” – the electrical pulses contract the muscles, further alleviating the pain as a result. TENS technology on the other side triggers nerve fibers to stop them sending back pain signals to the brain.