It can be difficult to manage body pain. As prolonged hours of work or intense workouts require more effort, it may sometimes be too much to take. You may feel discomfort in your back, arms and legs as well as your feet. That can get annoying – trust us, we’ve gone through that, too.
Once in our lives, we’ve all tried to find ways to manage the pain, nearly most of the time to no avail. Cost-cutting measures through using hand-held massagers may not be enough. It may not be worth going to a spa to get a massage. Even painkiller medication can pose a risk. If you’re ready to give up, don’t! We have a solution for you that will solve your problems quickly and without you having to spend too much. Today, we will do a concise review on the HealthmateForever YK15AB!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Mr. Product Review’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of the HealthmateForever YK15AB, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: What is the HealthmateForever YK15AB? Using Healthmateforever
The two-channel electric pulse massager , the YK15AB, is a dual channel. It emits pulses that are directed at the trigger points of the body. This helps improve blood circulation and relax tight muscles. The TENS unit has amazing electrotherapy features that can be used to relieve different types of pain. The YK15AB has a variety of therapeutic modes and methods. It is widely regarded for its simplicity of use, versatility, and effectiveness.
The YK15AB is just one product from a wide range of TENS units offered by HealthmateForever. Each product is unique because of its EMS integration.
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The Features
The YK15AB comes with 8 inserted pin electrode pad. Because they are the only way to make contact between the device and your skin, pads are essential for any TENS unit. The YK15AB emits stimulations through each pad and places them on the affected areas. What’s nice about having 8 pads, in particular, is that you have the option to use two on your arm, four on your lower back, or all at the same time, all over your body.
The pads of the YK15AB are all gel-based to be more comfortable for your skin compared to suction pads, as with HealthmateForever’s other models. The pads must be connected to the unit with wires. Thankfully, the pack includes 4 sets of dual-lead wires, with one end connected to the controls and the other to the pad. Using Healthmateforever
Jam-packed Controller Unit
The YK15AB comes with a powerful yet portable control unit that does all the work to relieve your tensions. It’s built-in with 6 different therapeutic methods based on a combination of traditional Asian and Western massages and alternative therapies:
- Kneading – to compress deep tissues by kneading certain parts of your body
- Acupuncture – to stimulate nerves and muscles based on the traditional Chinese method where pins are used
- Tapping – Tapping with your hands can improve blood circulation and muscles.
- Cupping – Cupping is a method to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Scraping (Gua Sha) – to alleviate muscle and joint pain inspired a Chinese therapy massage in which problem points are scraped.
- Random – Combines all of the above methods to optimize relaxation and relief
There are nine other modes that can be used to treat pain in various body parts. These parts can often feel sore and uncomfortable. They’re also important as they are required for a long list of activities, from the most essential ones like writing and walking to the most complex such as heavy-duty work and extreme sports.
- Mobility joints: elbows, shoulders, wrists and knees.
- The neck and back
- The hips
- The feet
More Uses and Extra Adjustments
While it has specialized modes for specific body parts, the YK15AB can be used on other parts that may need extra pain relief, such as the abdomen, which can often be prone to menstrual cramps among women, and the arms and legs. You can use it all over your body to relieve pain and soreness. The YK15AB allows you to adjust the pulses according to intensity. There are 20 levels that can be adjusted. It ranges from mildly intense at the lowest to severe at the highest. There are also speed adjustment options for whenever you want to quicken up or slow down the massage.
Battery-powered and portable
The YK15AB is fully battery-powered – a set of 3 AAA batteries is required to operate the device. Included in the control unit is a timer that lasts up to 80 minutes, as well as a belt clip at the back which can be fastened to your clothes whenever you want to go places. The unit includes four insertable channel jacks. The YK15AB has a backlit LCD screen where information on the modes, speed, intensity, and time duration, as well as a body chart, are displayed.
You will receive other accessories if the YK15AB is purchased. Since this TENS/EMS unit is battery-powered, a free set of 3 AAA batteries is provided. The pack also includes a pad holder. This allows you to place your pads as neatly and easily as possible. The application placement chart and a manual are also included. Both of these serve as guides to help you along the way while using the device. The YK15AB has many benefits for your body, and you can even gain great insight!
Although it is not included with the purchase of the YK15AB, a control case might be worth considering if you are serious about preserving it and making it last. HealthmateForever offers additional accessories for massages such as conductive socks/gloves and wrist/ankle wraps.
Price and Running Costs
The YK15AB’s price is $29.99. This is reasonable considering what it offers. It also lies along a competitive range with other TENS unit massagers that are identically and closely priced. For a product that delivers a solid performance and is positively received among many users, it sure does come with a few minor issues when it comes to running costs. As this is the battery-powered version of the YK15, don’t expect the AB version to be rechargeable. AAA batteries will still be required. The duration, however, will depend on what type you prefer to use – it’s either rechargeable batteries or disposable ones.
Pads are also taken into consideration. If you plan on using the YK15AB long-term, those pads included in the pack are not made to last forever, so it’s equally important to factor in spending your money on extra replacements whenever necessary. How often you replace both the pads and batteries will depend on how often you use this TENS unit as well as how well you care for and keep it.
HealthmateForever offers a limited warranty on some of their TENS/EMS products, including the YK1AB, for up to three months. However, it’s important to note that the ‘limited’ in ‘limited warranty’ implies that HealthmateForever will only cover everything except for these factors: neglect, accident, and misuse.
The warranty can only be honored for purchases made in the US and Canada, so if you buy it outside those territories, you’re out of luck! You can purchase an accidental 2-year warranty to add $100 to your warranty. If you encounter manufacturing defects within your YK15AB model, you may ask the company to receive a replacement unit free of charge. Using Healthmateforever
Pros and Cons
- It is flexible and simple to use
- It targets your body’s problem points effectively and precisely
- It can be carried and used wherever you go, no matter where you are.
- It comes with a wide range of intensity levels for every person
- Highly reviewed as a great alternative to painkillers or any medication – for a reasonable price
- Wireless connectivity and heat controls are not available.
- You might have to consider paying extra for not just pads, but also batteries
- The organization may be a fuss to deal with, especially without the presence of the control unit case
- For those with high levels of sensitivities to electromagnetic vibrations, it might be too much
HealthmateForeverYK15AB: The review
Upon our first-use experience with the YK15AB, it can be quite complicated to deal with. But with the help of the provided guides, plus more time to explore the device, it gets much easier. It can also be very useful in times of need. It is filled with electronic transmitted vibrations that are smooth enough to ease tension in certain parts of the body. The YK15AB has been used on our backs and shoulders, which are areas that we feel aches from time to time during work. And we’ve noticed how much difference it made compared to using a painkiller ointment.
We discovered that it not only delivered a faster turnaround but also made us feel great. You don’t often get that with painkillers, no! We were blown away when we compared the prices for a traditional massage and a session with a physical therapist to the YK15AB. The price of the YK15AB is much cheaper than all of the rest combined, and that meant we didn’t have to worry about paying way too much just to alleviate the pain. Plus, with tons of massage modes and customizable intensity and speed configurations to choose from, there’s no denying why the Healthmate YK15AB is highly recommended for the following factors: accessibility, flexibility, and great value for your money.
Other HealthmateForever Products to Check Out
The YK15AB may be widely known as a best-seller, but did you know there are other TENS/EMS units from HealthmateForever to choose from? These are just a few of the many top-selling TENS units on the market. Here are some alternatives to the YK15AB.
- The YK15RC is the wireless, rechargeable version of the YK15AB, and it’s equipped with some nice upgrades, including the adjustable timer option, wireless compatibility, and a 2-year warranty. The RC model is $20 less expensive than the AB.
- The T12AB is high-end in both function and form – it has an LCD touchscreen, smartphone-like portability, and a lock button for whenever you’re done using it without the need to turn it off, plus more pads and massage options at 12! The price is understandably much higher, but if you want to invest in it instead, better be quick because stocks always run out!
- If you’re looking for a best-seller that has much more modes to choose from, a long battery span of 10 hours, and the convenience similar to an iPod, the Pro15AB is one to try out. What’s nice about it is the price – it’s midway between that of the YK15AB and T12AB, but you get so much value using it! Using Healthmateforever
We have never been happier with the HealthmateForever YK15AB since we took a closer look at all we’ve learned, from the functions and the effects. Everyone has been raving about the amazing massage machine. This amazing TENS/EMS unit is not only affordable, but it also has all the features you could want at an affordable price.
Plus, with adjustable options and plenty of massage modes to explore, you wouldn’t even think about trying anything else when it comes to pain management. So, if you’re on the lookout for a breakthrough solution for your back pains and other problem points, look no further than the YK15AB!
FAQs Using Healthmateforever
What length should an electrotherapy machine such as the YK15AB be used for?
This study shows that 30 min is the recommended time to use electrical stimulants such as the YK15AB/EMS unit. However, how long it can be used depends on the intensity level – lower intensities equal longer electrotherapy sessions, while higher ones require much shorter durations.
How can you use the YK15AB
Follow the instructions.
- Place the pads where you want to receive electrotherapy stimulations. Say, you want to place them on the lower back.
- Once the batteries are loaded and pads are connected to the unit, turn the switch on to begin operation.
- To indicate the body parts, press the buttons on the control unit’s top-half. In this case, press the ‘Back’ button.
- There are four jacks, two for channel A and one for channel B. For example, if you connect via 1A, you can adjust the intensity for channel A on the left side, front-facing. Channel B intensity adjustment is on the right.
- To indicate the type of massage, you can press any one of the buttons in the bottom-half. You can also adjust the speed by pressing two yellow buttons located between the massage modes buttons.
- After the massage session has ended, turn off the unit and wait until the electric signals are gone completely from the pads. Next, take them out from the problem area. Using Healthmateforever
What is the difference between EMS and TENS?
EMS stands for “electronic muscle stimulator” – the electrical pulses contract the muscles, further alleviating the pain as a result. TENS technology on the other side triggers nerve fibers to stop them sending back pain signals to the brain.